Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some Highlights from Bangkok

Nick and I managed to get a few days in Bangkok at the beginning of our adventure in Thailand. We visited the popular weekend market where everything in the world you can imagine finding is definitely there!! The sure size of the market really surprised us and we wandered through the countless stalls for hours!! I could have went crazy with shopping but, like the rest of the trip, have remained very conservative.


The next day we went on the ferries throughout the river to travel to various locations in Bangkok. Some of the stops were overwhelmed with water and we had to walk on benches to get into the area. It was quite unsteady but we balanced ourselves well as people walked in both directions across the benches. The water did subside but then the rains came so the water rose once again!!


The various temples we visited were amazing!! Nick was much more adventurous than I and he climbed them right to the top whereas I stayed closer to the bottom and took the pictures!! The reclining buddha was quite the sight and we would like to report that no his feet were not smelly!! It was exciting though as the security officers took out a pickpocketer while we were there - they took him down outside - a little bit of a ruckus!! A police officer came along and said "nothing to see here - more along now..." Nick and I got a chuckle out of that!!



So visiting Bangkok was a great adventure and we are disappointed that we never got to go back on this trip!!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun
funfun de fun
fun fun rudolph!