Friday, February 6, 2009

Being back in Canada!

Nick and I arrived home on Tuesday, January 27th and life has been a tad crazy since our arrival. We sadly left Vincent, our campervan which was our comfy home for 3 weeks, and then departed to Christchurch airport. From Christchurch, we flew to Auckland then to LA. At LA, we found out that we were put on the wrong flights to Dallas and needed to go to Chicago instead. This was fine except our luggage had already gone through so alas we were stuck. But I saved the day by jumping a barrier and grabbing my backpack as it went by me on a conveyor belt. Not the brightest thing to do and several very large men were not pleased at my actions. Thank goodness the airline checkin person explained to everyone why I did what I did and all was fine! We managed to find Nick's bag too and both were retagged. It was our lucky day or so I thought. I almost missed the plane because I was sauntering about the airport and had to be paged to the plane. Exciting to hear my name over the PA at the LA airport though. After this, the flights were pretty standard and we arrived at Toronto late on Monday evening. The next day at Toronto airport, we were able to enjoy a nice coffee and apple fritter at Tim Hortons but Nick was still sad to see all of our travels come to an end. Our greeting squad at the Kingston airport was incredible though!! Liam and Rowan gave the best hugs any auntie could ever wish for!!
Wonderful to be back home and see family and lots of friends!! We are still adapting to the climate change and the chilly weather has been a bit much but overall life is good.
Nick and I will be doing plenty of flashbacks as we still need to share the rest of our adventures in New Zealand and add many more flashbacks from various parts of the world. So new things will be added in the weeks to come...thank you for sticking with us through this absolutely incredible adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I'm so happy you updated your blog! I crave process and was reeling from the lack of closure on the whole adventure! Man, am I anal or what?!
Lori D