Thursday, September 18, 2008

So Long to Derby!!

Sadly we must say farewell to Derby once again!! Nick and I have certainly appreciated being able to stay at Trace and Terry's place - it certainly felt like our home away from home - so THANK YOU!! Tomorrow we leave for London then Saturday, we fly to Romania. So with our final few days in Derby - we managed to get out and enjoy some sunshine and see some sites!! Nick was ecstatic to be able to frequently have his sea salt and black pepper crisps while I enjoyed the odd package of really fresh Maynard wine gums!!
On Wednesday, we walked to Elvaston Castle and strolled the interesting gardens shown below.

Then today, Thursday, we made it to the Derby Royal Standard to try some of the brews being made locally. Nick was ready to put in his application form for the position of Assistant Brewer but I reminded him that we have a few things on the go at present!














I thoroughly enjoyed walking to the old sites I frequented on a regular basis: the river walk, Derby Cathedral, and Waterstones!! It was a great sunny afternoon and we topped it off by having chips and mushy peas and chips and curry for dinner!! Yummy!!

No comments: